To protect the viability and safety of the tenants there are house rules for the livability and it is important that everyone obeys these rules. When the house rules are not met there may be measures. These measures may lead to final departure for serious or repeated violations.
General rules of conduct
- If your presence will lead to nuisance to other residents you can be discussed accordingly.
- Noise pollution, including daytime, be avoided. It should be quiet in the house after 22.00.
- There should not be any inconvenience caused in or around the building. Under such nuisance including but not limited to: public use of alcohol or drugs, nuisance for local residents.
- Pets are not allowed for tenants.
- The student is not allowed to sub-let to another
- The use of alcohol is allowed in the house.
- The use shall not cause inconvenience to local residents.
- Drugs use is not allowed.
- You will be liable for the damage to property of fellow residents or to the landlord.
- In order to avoid misunderstandings or conflicts, it is forbidden to lend out the guest family’s property to other people.
- The bedroom of the guest family is private.
- When using, you have to clean up after. (kitchen, toilet, bathroom)
General house rules
Is the tenant allowed to have a party? Yes/No
Is the tenant allowed to bring guests over to sleep? Yes/No In consultation
- The tenant is responsible for cleaning their room. By failure or defects in or to the student room, the student should be reported as soon as possible to the landlord.
- Never leave the light on and switch of all electrical appliances when you leave.
- Painting or wallpapering and or drilling in walls or ceiling in the dorm are not allowed.
- Leave the Kitchen / bathroom / toilet clean and tidy after use.
- Switching off heating in own room when you leave.
- By leaving you have to shut windows.
- Butane, propane or other flammable substances are not allowed in the room. They should not be used or stored. Phones that operate with flammable liquid are not allowed.
- Televisions in the student room may not be in the standby mode.The televisions should be off completely.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden.
- Never leave candles, tea lights, oil lamps or other lighting schemes on when you leave, because of fire hazard.
- Systematic or serious violations of house rules may result in immediate termination. On removal, the student is not entitled to a refund of any amount.
Other grounds for immediate termination may include:
- The systematic refusal to take account of local residents.
- Violence or threats of violence.
- The cause of nuisance to local residents.
- Buying or selling drugs within the premises.
- Committing of a criminal offense